Trinity Choral Scholar Program
Do you know of a high school or college singer interested in singing high quality music and expanding their repertoire? This fall, Trinity is running a 10 week pilot program for Choral Scholars. These scholars would form the anchors of our sections and lead singing at our worship throughout the fall.
Here’s how the program will work
- Program is open to qualified high school and local resident college students
- Blind auditions will be held in Sept/Oct for four positions (soprano, alto, tenor, bass)
- The scholars will rehears week (after the 10:30 church service on Sundays)
- The scholars will be the designated section leaders for the Trinity Chancel Choir
- In addition to Sunday mornings, the scholars will participate in the Fauré Requiem, the Service of Lessons and Carols, Christmas Eve (9pm on Dec. 24), services during Holy Week, and Evensong.
The scholars must be good choral singers and have strong sight reading skills. In order to improve these skills, the scholars will work Anita Stuart – the choir director at Trinity – and also Noah Palmer – the director of the Northern Berkshire Chorale.
The stipend for the scholars will be $50 a week.
If you or someone you know is interested in the program, please contact Anita Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org.